Sunday, June 8, 2014

Well At Least I'm Not Crazy

Last night I went over to a friend's house to catch up and watch a movie. He and his roommate suggested a French movie called "He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not" (it's different in French, but we're just going to stick with the English translation for now.

                                                    

What a crazy crazy movie! It starts off telling the love story from her perspective, with her being the mistress of a doctor and how they have to work around his wife. Well, about halfway through, the perspective changes to his, and you realize that she has invented their whole affair in her mind and he never even really spoke to her. She read into every little communication they had and changed it to fit the crazy ideas she had in her mind. Some of the stuff she did was absolutely crazy, I can't even believe it.

As bizarre and freaky as this movie was, watching it did make me feel a little validated. Yes I may fantasize about being with a crush or dream about being in a relationship, but I have never taken it too far. Phew! At least I have never tried to ruin a marriage in the hopes of being with a man who I really haven't had a conversation with.

No comments:

Post a Comment